Tyce Diorio - Los Angeles, California (USA)
- Tyce Diorio’s greatest passion in life is telling stories through dance. His enthusiasm and love of the art form have led him to choreograph award-winning works for television, film, and stage. As one of the most recognizable choreographers on Fox Television’s hit show, “So You Think You Can Dance,” where he was also a guest judge for six seasons, Diorio has become known as one of the most versatile in the industry. As the innovator behind Taylor Swift’s Red, 1989, and Reputation albums, live performances, and world tours, Tyce has become one of the most sought-after choreographers in Hollywood, counting the “Shake it Off” and “Look What You Made Me Do” music videos as some of his most popular works.
- Diorio’s knowledge of dance history and ability to take the audience on a journey has become part of his signature style, earning him the respect of his peers and a highly coveted Emmy® Award. He continues to evolve in the mediums of television, concert stage, commercials and film, staying on top of the changing market and making his mark as a trend setter. His ability to navigate between different genres such as Lorde’s “Greenlight” and The Weeknd’s “Can’t Feel My Face” videos to television shows like Grey’s Anatomy and Drop Dead Diva, to films like the soon to be released sequel to the “High Strung” dance film, speak to his creativity.
- He has rounded out his career by choreographing national commercials for Nike, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, Gillette, and many more, and TV Shows that include Drop Dead Diva, Carrie Underwood’s Christmas Special, Bones, Grey’s Anatomy, American Idol, and Dancing with the Stars with the incomparable Annie Lennox and Jewel.
- Tyce has a unique talent to cultivate affinity with the actors he works with, and has had great success in coaching and choreographing for celebrities such as Cameron Diaz, Megan Mullally, Katie Holmes, Christina Applegate, Tom Cruise, Queen Latifah, Tobey Maguire, and Laverne Cox. His experience as a professional dancer, working with some of music’s most iconic artists including Janet Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, Mya, *NSYNC, Paula Abdul, Kelly Osbourne, and Toni Braxton has given him a deep knowledge base to build from.
- Broadway was Tyce’s first love, and as a teenager and avid enthusiast, it is likely that he has seen every show ever produced, sometimes seeing his favorites up to ten times. He himself has graced the Broadway stage in the Tony award winning shows Chicago and Fosse, and he continues to bring his proficiency and deep affection to every live show he gives life to.
- Diorio was honored to choreograph the Hudson’s Theatre’s “Sweet Smell Of Success,” a tribute to Marvin Hamlisch, starring Lindsey Mendez and Jeremy Jordan. Most recently, he is working on “Music City, “ a modern country musical directed by Mary Kate Burke, due to open at the Cape Fear Theatre in the Fall of 2018. He looks forward to its success, and is committed to expanding the boundaries of theatre and art.
- The best things about Tyce Diorio are not his unparalleled work ethic or his unquestionable passion for dance, but are rather his keen sense of humor and ability not to take himself too seriously. His work speaks for itself. Those who know, respect, and love Tyce will sing his praises any day.