USA/Italy - Class: Contemporary
Michele Oliva is originally from southern Italy. He began his studies of classical and modern dance in the city of Bari, and then moved to Rome and began a career in various modern techniques.
Between 1999 to 2003 he was a dancer for international stars such as Geri Halliwell and Kylie Minogue, touring with them around the world (UK, Spain, France, Russia, Germany, Australia, Canada, China). Michele then worked as assistant choreographer and dancer for the popular Italian television program Amici, which proved to be a huge success.
He has composed contemporary choreography for dance companies in Italy and Europe:
– Back Line (Aton Dino Verga, Rome) tribute to Merce Cunningham
– Everythig flows and “Lueceinbuio” (Opus Ballet Company, Florence)
– Side of the track (Pop Ballet, Czech Republic)
– Near the Moon (Project Pantarei, Dance Festival, Slovakia)
– Empty Spaces (Botega Dance Company, Rome).
He is guest teacher workshops in Italy and around the world, among which Winter and Summer Intensive Complexions Contemporary Ballet Winter and Summer Intensive (New York), Dance Festival (Kiev), Tanec Bez Hranic (Prague), Mdf (Israel), Wdm (Italy)
He currently teaches at Broadway Dance Center and Peridance Capezio Center in New York City.
Since 2012 Oliva is Artist Director of OLIVA CONTEMPORARY DANCE PROJECT